It’s been brought to our attention that there are a number of fake Cotopaxi websites and outlets, across different social media and online platforms, in existence. Across the board, these are fraudulent accounts and unaffiliated with Cotopaxi. Our team is working diligently to get these sites removed, as they are a scam, and we urge people not to make purchases or engage with these fraudulent sites.
What websites are fake?
What social accounts are fake?
Our list of authorised sites is below:
What do I do if I accidentally purchase from one of these fake sites?
- Report the fraudulent transaction to the company behind the money transfer app such as PayPal and ask them to reverse the payment.
- If you paid or linked the app to a credit card or debit card, report the fraudulent transaction to your credit card company or bank and ask them to reverse the charge.
- If the site is not on the list above, contact our Cotopaxi customer service team here to report the site.
- Report the site to the Action Fraud online here or by phone at 0300 123 2040.
- Change your password if you created a user account with them and use the same user/password anywhere else.
What is Cotopaxi doing to protect customers from these scam sites?
We are working with the social media sites and website platforms to identify and take down sites that are fraudulent and infringing on our Cotopaxi brand. We have contacted Cotopaxi subscribers via email newsletter and placed warnings on our website homepage and our social media pages with information and support. We appreciate the diligence in reporting any fake accounts and sites to our customer service team, who are working around the clock to track these down and prevent the recurrence of these.